Health Insurance costs continue to represent the number one expense challenge for employers. The Eagle Health Trust was formed as an effective, long-term solutions to the spiraling costs. It is the first health insurance consortium directed to the Human Services industry in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
What is the Eagle Health Trust?
The Eagle Health Trust (EHT) is an outgrowth of the concepts employed by the Eagle Workers Compensation Trust which is also composed of Human Service providers. The EHT offers benefits including:
- Greater control over the cost drivers; also members serve on the EHT governing broad.
- The ability to earn the “profits” which an insurance carrier would absorb resulting in lower costs.
- Timely claims and financial information which is provided on a monthly and/or ad hoc basis. There are no surprises or angst at renewal time. EHT members are fully aware of every dollar that goes into and comes out of the program.
- Benefit plan designs are completely flexible and developed individually in conjunction with each EHT member.
- A reliable and effective means of protection via Stop Loss coverage is augmented by leveraging the size of the group.
- Each member has a separate bank account. It is only responsible to fund its own claims – not other members of the EHT.
Is this a new concept?
The Benecon Group has been managing similar models and consortium programs since 1991. It is proven. The 98% retention rate of its membership is clear evidence of its success.
How do I find out more information about the Eagle Health Trust?
Frank Menna, CPCU, ARM,ALCM,CIC,CRM Claudia Burchstead
Michael Rainey, CLU, RHU, REBC Benecon Administrators and Consultants
Genesis Asset Protection, Inc. (P) 717-723-4624
865 Easton Road, Suite 310 www.benecon.com
Warrington, PA 18976
Genesis Asset Protection
"The Kind and Gentle World"